(Recent Advancements in Combustion Technology, Industrial Fuel Switching, Industrial Waste Heat Recovery – 1st & 2nd August 2016 Chennai)
Thermal systems play a vital role in Industrial processes. Thermal energy losses in the processes industry is a significant issue due to heat intensive processes involved. Studies have estimated that as much as 20 to 50% of industrial energy consumption is ultimately discharged as waste heat. A comprehensive analysis of combustion system, viability & availability of fuel switching options and identification of waste heat recovery opportunities are imperative for our process industries to become more efficient. The global reduction in oil prices has created a possibility of fuel switching from solid fuel to oil or other fuels. In a given / existing combustion system, certain hardware and operational modifications are required. It is learnt from the recent Perform Achieve & Trade scheme of BEE, that thermal system has highest potentials for improvement to reduce overall plant specific energy consumption.
“Energy Efficient Technologies for Process Heating” – Presentation by Satyanarayanan Seshadri, CTO,Aspiration Energy
Keeping in view the requirement of Process Industries, FICCI organized a Technical Meet on “Recent Advancement in Industrial Thermal Technologies on during 1-2 August 2016 at Chennai.
This technical meet addressed nationally & internationally available technologies, suitability & feasibility of various WHR systems, fuel switching aspects, efficient combustion technologies, O&M aspects, successful case studies, national & international technology providers etc. Technology providers, experts, academicians, consultants and end users shared their valuable experiences and knowledge during this technical meet.
The broad objective of this technical meet is to:
- Learn about new technologies and best practices for Efficient Combustion, Fuel Switching,
- Learn about challenges, barriers, limitation, solutions in the adoption of these technologies
- Identify potential areas of energy loss and improvement opportunities for reduction in operating cost
- Develop confidence and increase the capability of plant personnel to equip with best practices in Thermal Engineering
- Help industries in terms of getting information regarding technology providers, consultants, Energy Efficient equipment etc